A Year Of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage
- Helps you achieve your goal
- Flexible format
- Easy to understand
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Read This for Inspiration: Simple Sparks to Ignite Your Life
- Creatively illustrated
- Thought provoking
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Badass Affirmations: The Wit and Wisdom of Wild Women
- Positive affirmations
- Confidence booster
- Helps improve self-esteem
CHECK LATEST PRICE
We can all do with some inspiration in our lives from time to time. This recharges our energy so that we feel motivated to achieve our goals, and inspirational books can help us a lot in this regard.
What is an inspirational book?
An inspirational book will help you to feel motivated to make changes in your life. But it can also teach you how to deal with people better, overcome obstacles, and more.
Here’s our guide to the best book of inspiration for men and women. These five self motivation books are essential to have on your bookshelf or ebook device.
Best Overall: A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage
It helps you to change your mindset into a more positive one so that you can change your life.
A Year Of Positive Thinking offers you the chance to change your life one thought, one day, and one year at a time. Not only is the advice in this book inspiring, but it contains information, such as affirmations, that are based on neuroscience and psychology.
- If you’ve always wanted to start a journal but you never got around to it, this book will help you achieve your goal. It allows you to enjoy a flexible format, as you can journal at any time or day and whenever you want.
- This is one of the top self motivation books as it contains easy-to-understand mantras, exercises, and reflections that will increase your self-love and kindness.
- What’s great about this book is that it’s timeless – the wisdom provided by the author will always be useful, so you can revisit the book again and again when you need to boost your mood and feel inspired.
- There are a variety of exercises that will appeal to every reader, such as a mantra for abundance, an exercise in confidence, and important lessons on love.
- This book is full of honesty and wisdom, but it’s also witty which makes it an enjoyable read.
- Some people who have purchased this book have reported that in some places the text color is too light to read comfortably.
Runner Up: Read This for Inspiration: Simple Sparks to Ignite Your Life
Filled with Perez’s personal inspirations that were inspired by history, music, literature, and her relationships, this book will inspire you to find what gets you out of bed in the morning and chase your passions.
The author realizes that while we all have good intentions to be healthier and treat our souls better, we don’t always have the time for it. This is why this book is so useful. It has interesting stories that will help you to see life – and yourself – in a new, refreshing way.
- This book has a range of thought starters that you will be able to read on the go, and these are written on a variety of topics, such as growth, creativity, and gratitude.
- The book is user-friendly and fun because you don’t have to read it from start to finish. You can flip it open and read whatever comes up.
- It’s filled with beautiful colors and pictures that are sure to boost your creativity.
- People who have purchased this book have said that the inspirations are well-written, thought-provoking, and relatable.
- It has fun and useful sections as it features life lessons that the author has learned from others and wants to share with her readers.
- You might not like that the book doesn’t go deeper into the inspiring messages before moving onto a new topic.
- Some people have said that the messages in this book became a bit repetitive towards the end.
Best For Women: Badass Affirmations: The Wit and Wisdom of Wild Women
As you can tell from its title, this book is filled with positive and motivational quotes for women, but it’s wise, sassy, and gives you a boost of confidence.
What you’ll especially love about it is that it features profiles of powerful real-life women to make you want to be the heroine in your own life. It provides both short and long profiles, giving you information about women who have achieved greatness so you can feel inspired to do the same in your life.
- The bios of powerful women are useful because they help you to see how the positive affirmations can work in real life.
- People have said that this book is a great confidence booster to have at hand so you can use its affirmations whenever you need to feel motivated or encouraged.
- After you have read the affirmations and bios of powerful women in this book, you’ll benefit from its journal prompts.
- This book helps you to get into the positive habit of affirming yourself and who you are on a daily basis. This will help you to improve your self-esteem.
- You’ll love that the book features inspiring women who come from a variety of backgrounds and walks of life, which makes them relatable.
- Some people who have purchased this book have said that they were disappointed by a lack of witty or humorous quotes.
- Others have said that there were errors in the book.
Runner Up: One-Minute Inspirations for Women
This inspirational book is filled with uplifting devotions, and it’s written by bestselling author Elizabeth George. It’s focused on practical wisdom that will help you to gain confidence, maintain greater spirituality by connecting with God, and follow guidelines from the Bible that will teach you how to make important choices in your life.
If you’re trying to connect with your higher power but you’re not sure how, or where, to start, this book will inspire you.
It helps that the author shares her personal experiences and passion, as this in itself is inspiring. Think of this book as the first step to becoming more connected to your higher power and your inner truth.
- This book contains powerful messages that are short daily readings. These are helpful in that they encourage you to make small changes in your life.
- The book is compact enough to carry around with you, so it’s the perfect book of inspiration to have when you’re on the go.
- You’ll love that the author uses a gentle approach to encourage you to get closer to God.
- The book weaves biblical truths into real-life, everyday issues, therefore providing you with greater encouragement and perspective.
- Since it provides you with short, quick inspirations, this book makes them easy to digest and use in your busy life.
- It’s really short, coming in at just 64 pages.
- The advice is directed towards women who have husbands and children, which might make you feel left out if you have a different lifestyle.
Best For Men: The One Year Daily Moments of Strength: Inspiration for Men
This is another Christian-focused book that enables you to gain a deeper connection with the Lord, but it’s tailored to men. It contains Bible verses and applies them to real-life situations, and it also provides explanations of them to make it easy to understand and use in your own life.
If you’re looking for a longer book that you can immerse yourself into, you’ll love that this book is over 300 pages long. Despite its length, it features short devotions you can use every day.
This makes the book practical. If you need a boost of encouragement before a work presentation or during a stressful event, this can help you.
- This book is tailored to men as it focuses on how men have to push themselves hard to prove themselves, take care of those they love, and live well.
- If you’re interested in building a stronger relationship with God, you’ll love that this book provides inspirational guidance on how to turn to God to get through difficult times in life.
- The inspiring messages are short and quick, so just by dedicating a few minutes to them every morning you can get into a confident frame of mind to face the day.
- Although it provides advice and inspiration, the book also challenges you to reflect on your life so you can make positive changes to it.
- You’ll love that this book offers insightful advice while encouraging men to see how their choices can impact those around them.
- Some people who have purchased this book have said that they felt like it was written for older men.
Book Of Inspiration FAQ
After reading our guide to good self motivation books, we can now explore some things to know about reading and how to find inspiring novels to motivate you in life.
Which is the most inspiring novel?
If you’re looking for an inspiring novel, you’ll be glad to know that there are many from which to choose. You don’t have to be limited to self-development books when you need a jolt of inspiration.
Here are some well-known and recommended novels to consider:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
This is a book that usually comes up during conversations focused on finding inspiration, and millions of people have said that it helped them. This novel is really about how important it is to listen to your heart and allow yourself to chase your dreams.
In the book, a young shepherd wants a life that’s not limited to tending sheep. His journey for something more takes him to places far away from home. You’ll be inspired by how he doesn’t allow his ambitions to falter even though people try to rain on his parade. It will get you thinking about your own dreams.
The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
This novel looks at the horror of slavery but it does so in a unique way with magic surrealism. Hiram is the protagonist and although he has a good memory he can’t remember his preternatural mother who was taken from him.
He has to try to reclaim her memory and find true love, but his journey also takes him to greater self-knowledge while offering him a way to escape the world’s physical obstacles. It’s a tale about freedom, which is sure to give you all the feels.
The Overstory by Richard Powers
This unusual and unique book will stay on your mind long after you’ve finished it. It looks at the power and depth of trees, such as how they can communicate with each other, but it features human stories that will have you searching for your own life’s meaning.
One of the best features about this novel is that it will make you see trees in a different way, and you’ll do the same with people around you.
Independent People by Halldor Laxness
This is a book written by Iceland’s Nobel-winning author. It features a protagonist called Bjartur who gives up everything that’s important to him so that he can become an independent farmer. During this journey, he discovers that when he loses everything that’s when he can find what he really values and wants in life.
The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
This book won the 1962 National Book Award and it’s still a classic inspiring novel today. It features Binx Bolling, a stockbroker from New Orleans, whose life is filled with casual sex and movies.
As he nears the age of 30, he starts to yearn for a more authentic experience. He begins a journey to find greater meaning, and while this is sure to be moving and inspiring, it’s also humorous and outrageous at times.
How do you inspire someone to read?
If you’d love to share the joy you get from reading with other people, you might wonder how you can do so. Some people don’t really like to read or they haven’t found a book that inspires them to read on a regular basis. Whether it’s a child or adult you want to inspire to read more, here are some tips you can try.
- Recommend inspiring books. Find the right opportunity to recommend a book to someone who might need it. You can do this in conversations in which you connect the book to what they’re going through so that it will be a natural recommendation. So, if someone is battling with anxiety, you could mention a book that you loved which provided you with useful tips on how to overcome it.
- Use books as inspiration for get-togethers. If you’re planning a party, why not make the theme about books? Or host your party at a local bookstore. By surrounding yourself and others in your life with books, you can hopefully inspire others to read.
- Start a book club. Many people want to read, they just don’t know where to start or they don’t take the time in their busy schedules to read. This can be fixed by starting a book club in which people will have to read a book per week or month and then share their thoughts on it with others. Making books social can help people to read more because they’ll be surrounded by others who share the same joy from reading.
How do you motivate younger people to read?
There are many ways in which you can inspire younger people, such as your children, to read. Here are some ideas.
- Read to your children. If you have children, you can inspire them to want to read by reading to them from when they’re very young. Choose stories that are quick and easy to read so that you don’t lose their attention, and animate the story’s characters, such as by using different voices for them, to keep your children engaged.
- Buy your children book gifts. Instead of toys, encourage your children to read by purchasing books as gifts for them when it’s their birthday or Christmas. This will inspire them to find joy in books.
- Enjoy family book days. If, as a family, you focus on reading and the joy of it, this will rub off on your kids and they will also nourish a love of reading as they grow older. Family reading time can be a great way to bond and connect, too.
If you’re a teacher, you can also inspire your students to read in the following ways:
- Let your students act out book scenes. You can make reading more entertaining and enjoyable by letting your students act out certain scenes from novels.
- Encourage your students to choose books they love. Not everyone will like the same books, so it’s helpful to inspire kids to read by letting them choose their own books.
- Give reading rewards. When your students have read a certain amount of books, they should get a prize or reward of some kind. This will motivate them to continue reading.
How can I make reading more fun?
Reading is fun because it allows you to learn and/or escape to another world, but sometimes you might have to make it a bit more enjoyable, such as if you’re trying to motivate your kids to read more. Here’s how to make reading a bit more fun.
- Choose books about your interests and passions. If you’re not gaining enjoyment from reading, find books that are focused on things you love doing in your spare time as this will make reading a pleasure instead of a chore.
- Sync your reading material with your life. When you’re heading out to the mountains for a holiday, choose a book that’s set in the outdoors. When you’re about to make a big change in your life, choose a book that focuses on this type of situation. This can help you to make your reading feel more relevant to your life, which will make it more enjoyable.
- Listen to audio books. Sometimes reading can be difficult to squeeze into your daily schedule. That’s where audio books come in! You can listen to them while you clean the house, drive, or work. They can also help to keep children entertained.
- Set up a reading sanctuary. Having a comfortable sanctuary in the home where you can curl up with a good book will encourage you to want to spend more time reading there. Decorating it with candles, soft pillows, and blankets, will also make it a cozy nook in which you’ll love spending free time.
Reading books can help you to stay motivated to achieve your goals and make changes to your life.
In this article, we’ve looked at books of inspiration for both men and women, and we’ve also looked at how to make reading fun – not just for yourself but also for young kids, students, or other adults in your life. Whether you want to read inspiring novels or memoirs, reading is fun and will encourage you to overcome your obstacles.